VERDI - Multi-channel Analog Readout for Radiation Detectors
VERDI is a multi-channel ASIC capable of reading out different type of radiation detectors (SDD, PMT, Si (Li) etc.) with both positive and negative signal polarities. The circuit includes 8 channels, each one composed by a Charge Sensitive Amplifier (CSA), a Shaping Amplifier, a Baseline Holder, a Peak Stretcher, and an output buffer.
- Availability: bare die, QFP120, QFN80
- Physical size: 3.5 mm x 3.5 mm x ?? mm (bare die), 28 mm x 28 mm x 4 mm (QFP120), 12 mm x 12 mm x 0.8mm (QFN80)
- Reset: pulsed or continuous (with external zero-network)
- Mode: Normal, Low-Power (multiplexed output) or shut down
- Power consumption: 170 mW in low-power mode and 3mW in shut down mode
- Front-end JFET readout for radiation detector application
- Multi-element X and Gamma-ray detectors readout
- Nitrogen-cooled Ge and Si(Li) detectors, Silicon drift detectors (SDDs), Scintillation Detectors, Photomultipliers Tubes, etc.
VERDI where to use
VERDI Technical Data
|Positive Supply Voltage, VDD||Supply Voltage||+1.7 V|
|Nevative Supply Voltage, VSS||Supply voltage||-1.7 V|
|Current||Low-power mode||52 mA|
|CSA compatibility||polarity||e-/h+ collection|
|CSA compatibility||JFET gm||2-45mS|
|CSA compatibility||JFET Cgs||0.45 - 25pF|
|CSA Compatibility||Cfeedback||0.050pF - 10pF|
|CSA gain scale||Configurable by SPI||20mV - 300mV|
|Threshold voltage for reset, THR_PRE||Internally selectable or by external partition||from -1.5V to +1.5V|
|SHAPING TIME||Configurable by SPI||0.25us, 0.5us, 0.75us, 1.0us, 2.0us, 4.0us, 6.0us, 8.0us|
|Baseline Holder, BLH||Configurable by SPI||Not active, High side, Low side, Low and High side|
|Buffer Output||Configurable by SPI||RC waveform, Semi-Gaussian shaper, Peak stretcher waveform, GND|
News & Events
RADIATION FROM THE STARSOn this March Equinox, we decided to point our heads towards the sky and start to learn a bit more about what we could observe if our eyes could see X and Gamma rays We asked to Riccardo Zito,...
XGLAB Participate at DXC 2021XGLAB is a proud sponsor of the Denver X-ray Conference DXC 2021...
CUBE PRE_033: IMPROVING THE STATE-OF-THE ART OF X-RAY SPECTROSCOPYBeing adopted in most of the SDD spectrometers worldwide, the CUBE PRE_016 is the best seller of the XGLAB CUBE family and it has represented until today the state-of-the-art of CMOS based...