VERDI - Multi-channel Analog Readout for Radiation Detectors
VERDI is a multi-channel ASIC capable of reading out different type of radiation detectors (SDD, PMT, Si (Li) etc.) with both positive and negative signal polarities. The circuit includes 8 channels, each one composed by a Charge Sensitive Amplifier (CSA), a Shaping Amplifier, a Baseline Holder, a Peak Stretcher, and an output buffer.
- Availability: bare die, QFP120, QFN80
- Physical size: 3.5 mm x 3.5 mm x ?? mm (bare die), 28 mm x 28 mm x 4 mm (QFP120), 12 mm x 12 mm x 0.8mm (QFN80)
- Reset: pulsed or continuous (with external zero-network)
- Mode: Normal, Low-Power (multiplexed output) or shut down
- Power consumption: 170 mW in low-power mode and 3mW in shut down mode
- Front-end JFET readout for radiation detector application
- Multi-element X and Gamma-ray detectors readout
- Nitrogen-cooled Ge and Si(Li) detectors, Silicon drift detectors (SDDs), Scintillation Detectors, Photomultipliers Tubes, etc.
VERDI where to use
VERDI Technical Data
|Positive Supply Voltage, VDD||Supply Voltage||+1.7 V|
|Nevative Supply Voltage, VSS||Supply voltage||-1.7 V|
|Current||Low-power mode||52 mA|
|CSA compatibility||polarity||e-/h+ collection|
|CSA compatibility||JFET gm||2-45mS|
|CSA compatibility||JFET Cgs||0.45 - 25pF|
|CSA Compatibility||Cfeedback||0.050pF - 10pF|
|CSA gain scale||Configurable by SPI||20mV - 300mV|
|Threshold voltage for reset, THR_PRE||Internally selectable or by external partition||from -1.5V to +1.5V|
|SHAPING TIME||Configurable by SPI||0.25us, 0.5us, 0.75us, 1.0us, 2.0us, 4.0us, 6.0us, 8.0us|
|Baseline Holder, BLH||Configurable by SPI||Not active, High side, Low side, Low and High side|
|Buffer Output||Configurable by SPI||RC waveform, Semi-Gaussian shaper, Peak stretcher waveform, GND|
News & Events
CUBE PRE_033: IMPROVING THE STATE-OF-THE ART OF X-RAY SPECTROSCOPYBeing adopted in most of the SDD spectrometers worldwide, the CUBE PRE_016 is the best seller of the XGLAB CUBE family and it has represented until today the state-of-the-art of CMOS based...
WITH DANTE YOU CAN EXPAND THE NUMBER OF YOUR X-RAY SPECTROSCOPY SETUPDo you know that with DANTE you can expand the number of readout channels of your X-ray spectroscopy setup to 16CH, 24CH or 32CH The DANTE Digital Pulse Processor was designed to be a...
XGLAB participates at 2020 Virtual IEEE Nuclear Science Symposium and Medical Imaging ConferenceXGLab participates at the Virtual 2020 IEEE NSS MIC from the 2nd to the 5th November...